We call our Cactus Silk Bags and Clutches little pieces of art. Each is beautifully crafted and every one of them unique. The bags are cut from individual rugs that are hand woven on wooden looms by women in the villages surrounding the Medina. Each rug is entirely different - so each bag is a one-of-a-kind.
Made entirely by hand in Morocco and woven from the silky fibers of the Aloe Vera Cactus. Cultivated in the Saharan desert, the cactus fibers are soaked, separated, dried, and spun into fiber. The hand-dyed colors are derived from roots, berries, spices, leaves, and wood creating a 100% artisanal and ecological fabric.
The patterns of our bags revolve around themes of fertility, love, voluptuousness, god, earth, and life ... respecting and honoring ancient Berber traditions. We know you will cherish these authentic artisanal, yet functional, bags as much as we do.
- ▼DETAILS AND CARE
- Hand-loomed & dyed cactus fiber from the Saharan Aloe Vera Cactus
- Natural leather handles
- Lined with one interior pocket
- Comes with hand-constructed tassel
- Unique tribal pattern design
- 23 1/4" Wide x 36" Tall (including handles)
- 80% Rayon, 20% Cotton, leather handles
- Dry clean or spot clean
- Handmade in Morocco